Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are very happy to answer them for you!
Our contact details:
3514 AZ Utrecht
Provision of personal data
- in connection with services
When you conclude a contract with us, we ask you to provide us with personal data. This data is used to carry out the service or services. The data is stored on our own secure Hooray servers or those of a third party. We will not combine this data with any other personal data we have.
- for the purposes of communication
When you send us email, messages, documents or pictures, there may be times when we retain them. Sometimes we ask you for your personal data that is relevant for the situation concerned. This ensures we can answer your questions and/or process your requests. We will not combine this data with any other personal data we have. Under no circumstances will this data be shared with third parties without explicit consent.
- to use our website and/or the Hooray Platform
The provision of your personal data to us is not based on a statutory duty. In other words, you are not required by law to share your personal data with us. But when we conclude a contract with you, we need specific personal data from you to perform that contract. If you do not provide us with this personal data, we simply cannot conclude a contract with you and provide services for you. We can also ask you for specific personal data to use our website. If you do not provide this data, we cannot guarantee that our website will work properly.
We only use the personal data collected for the following purposes:
- We use your name and address details, telephone number, email address, Dutch Chamber of Commerce details, VAT number and IBAN details to correspond with you, for quotations, for billing and to send you other documents needed for the contract and its performance.
- From time to time we use your name and address details to send you promotional gifts or to invite you to certain events.
- If provided by you, we use user names, passwords, FTP data, hosting data, database data, IP addresses, location data and any other data you provide for the provision of our service through our Hooray platform.
- If you have completed an assessment form, we will use your name, email and other personal data from the form with the aim of enhancing our service.
- If you contact us using the online support tool on our website or Hooray Platform, we will use the data you provide and the questions you ask with the aim of providing support in the provision of our services.
Hotjar and Visual Website Optimizer cookies
We use the Hotjar cookie and the Visual Website Optimizer cookie to record what you click on when you visit our marketing website (not the Hooray application) and to optimise the website experience. See how we ensure that this data remains private in the Hotjar Privacy Statement (www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/) and the Visual Website Optimizer Privacy Statement (vwo.com/privacy-policy/).
Facebook (Pixel), LinkedIn, Bing and Google Adwords
We do not sell your data to third parties. There may however be times when we engage third parties to process specific personal data under our supervision and responsibility. These third parties are mainly located in the European Economic Area (EEA). A number of third parties may be located in countries outside the EEA, such as the United States, where an appropriate level of protection for your personal data, as is offered in the EEA, may not apply. To protect your personal data and to fulfil our statutory duty, we will only engage third parties as processors who offer sufficient guarantees regarding the application of suitable technical and organisational security measures. We will conclude a data processing agreement with these third parties, by which sufficient protection will be provided in respect of your personal data. These third parties may not then use the personal data in any other way than that for which we have given instructions.
Parties with which Hooray BV has concluded a data processing agreement are:
- ActiveCampaign – CRM (www.activecampaign.com)
- MoneyBird – bookkeeping (www.moneybird.nl)
- Stripe – payment service provider (www.stripe.com)
- GitLab – development environment (www.gitlab.com)
- Intercom – support (www.intercom.com)
- Saber – feedback tool (www.saberfeedback.com)
- Zapier – interface between described tools (zapier.com)
- Slack – internal communication (www.slack.com)
- Calendly – planning tool (www.calendly.com)
- Google – Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Email, Google Analytics (www.google. com)
- Advertising on Facebook (www.facebook.com), Linkedin (www.linkedin.com), Bing/ Microsoft (www.bing.com), Google Adwords (www.google.com)
- Oxillion – hosting (www.oxillion.nl)
- Microsoft Azure – cloud hosting (azure.microsoft.com/)
- TypeForm – survey tool (www.typeform.com)
Duration of storage
We do not retain your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. When we have concluded a contract with you, we retain your personal data for a maximum of one year after the contract has been terminated, unless there is a statutory duty to retain your data for longer than stated above. It may also be necessary to retain your personal data for longer in connection with proceedings, complaints and/or disputes, for the protection of our interests in this regard.
Your rights: Opportunity to ask questions
Right of access and right to rectification
You have the right to access your personal data that we use at any time. At your request you will receive a summary of your personal data that we have used. If there are any inaccuracies in your personal data that we use, you have the right to have them rectified. If you believe that the personal data is incomplete for the purpose for which it is used, you can have it completed by sending us a statement to this effect.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to have us erase your personal data that we use. At your request we will comply with this request as soon as possible.
Right to restrict the use of personal data
Instead of erasing your personal data you also have the right to ask us to restrict its use. This means that we will not use or we will only partially use your personal data during the period of restriction. You have this right to restrict when:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data we use and we are verifying this accuracy;
- The use of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase the personal data;
- We no longer need your personal data, but you need it for the purposes of legal action;
- You have objected to us using your personal data and the question of whether our interests in its use outweigh your interests in the objection is under investigation.
When there is a restriction of use, we will only use that personal data for which we have your consent or which is necessary for legal action. Likewise we will not restrict use when use is necessary for the rights of other persons or for other compelling reasons. If the restriction is lifted, we will advise you thereof.
Right to portability
You may wish to transfer your personal data that we use to another party. We will cooperate with this at your request. In this case you can choose to transfer the data to yourself or directly to the other party.
Right to object
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data. In the event of an objection, we will stop using your personal data, unless we have compelling justified reasons for continuing to use it and these reasons outweigh your interests. In the context of legal action too we may have a reason not to stop use.
Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as offers by email, you can object to this (opt out). We will then stop using your personal data for these direct marketing purposes.
Withdrawing consent for data processing
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us using your personal data at any time. We will stop using your personal data at your request. Important: the withdrawal of consent does not have retrospective effect however.
We do not use automated decision-making to which legal consequences for you are attached or that affects you significantly in some other way.
Complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority
If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal data, you can of course raise the matter with us. We will then seek to work things out together with you.
However, you also have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You will find information on how to do this on the Authority’s website (autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en).